Monday, October 5, 2026

KINGDOM OF SPAIN 1701 - 1707: HOW RESEARCHES ON A TOPIC EVOLVES: THE WALLOON REGIMENTS IN ITALY

 The first attempt is not always the right one; in this case, I owe my readers an apology. I carried out further research, expanded the range of sources, and cross-checked the available evidence, eventually arriving at this reconstruction of the uniforms.

I had already suspected that the Fallais Regiment might have had grey facings, largely because the sources made no specific mention of a contrasting facing colour. I then came across a representation of the regiment, and this confirmed that the facings were indeed grey.

So here is the complete revised plate, with my apologies once again.


This is the evolution in 4 steps of my researches:

The Walloon Regiments in Italy - Last  & Final Version
Copyright Michele SAVASTA FIORE

The Walloon Regiments in Italy - Third version
Copyright Michele SAVASTA FIORE






The Walloon Regiments in Italy - Second version
Copyright Michele SAVASTA FIORE







The Walloon Regiments in Italy - First version
Copyright Michele SAVASTA FIORE











No comments:

Post a Comment