This regiment came to my attention entirely by chance. In fact, it does not appear at all in the order of battle in my possession, nor in the lists of regiments that took part in the Battle of Turin and, above all, in the siege of Turin in 1706. How, then, did I manage to identify it?
The answer lies in the fact that I am currently trying to reconstruct the uniforms of all the French regiments stationed in the salient between the Dora and the Po: precisely those units that were directly involved in the siege operations, but did not take a direct part in the Battle of Turin itself. In the list of regiments deployed on that front, while a was making my researches, I found that this Regiment partecipated to the Battle of Turin. I began then by checking the Bourbon Regiment and immediately found, in every source, that it had taken part in the siege of Turin.
No comments:
Post a Comment