Thursday, July 15, 2021

1887 DOGALI LIEUTENANT OF BERSAGLIERI ON HORSE

I don't know why, but there is a moment when you have that sort of melancony that affects your thought. So I was thinking of my father, First Captain of the 3rd Regiment of Bersaglieri and hence I've gotten the desidere to celebrate him and this glourious Italian Corps.

I keep with the Dogali Campaign even thoug the Bersaglieri didn't partecipate to that battle but where in Massaua. And for the first time I did also a sort of background. 

The uniform was really stunning with the white and blue of the sash; the large leather plumet (I remember that of my father so huge, as for the Officers) and the black gloves as distinctive sign of the Bersaglieri, still now worn.

Honour to the BERSAGLIERI - ONORE AI BERSAGLIERI

AVANTI. RAPIDI. SAVOIA - HURRA!


1887 - ERITREA CAMPAIGN
LIEUTENANT OF THE BERSAGLIERI
Copyright Michele Savasta Fiore





No comments:

Post a Comment