Thursday, May 2, 2024

1914 GERMAN INFATRY - EASTERN FRONT

My temporary limit as history lover is 1914 (maybe February 1915); over this period for me there is no more interest, because it is too close to the current epoch with all its awful aspects.

During my researches for a template of a German soldier of the summer 1914 I had a lot of difficulties to find good miniatures and poses. So I had to invent some different ways to achieve my goal.

I thought about armies that had a sort of similar uniform of that of the German Army in 1914 and my attention went - obviously - to the Prussian Army in 1870. From some figures of that Army (of that army there are much more examples) I did my template:


In the previous pictures is possible to have a glance of the differences I did: the colour of the uniform but also the helm, as well as the rucksack. I think in this way it is also very interesting to see the evolution of the German/Prussian uniforms from 1870 to 1914.


Figure Nr. 2

The same transformation was done here above.

I decided in the last case to change the head of the German shooter (figure nr. 3):


Figure Nr. 3

For this purpose I had to use an old but original picture of a German soldier and adapt it to the template as in the following figure (Nr. 4)


Figure Nr 4


Also in this case, the base was a Prussian soldier modified. I do prefer the new helm as it came out from the picture.


It is also interesting to note the increase in details if I just show here a previous template I did in 2015 (Figure Nr. 5)

Figure Nr. 5


Futhermore, to increase the different poses, I took samples from papersoldiers for Zulu wars and I transformed them:








No comments:

Post a Comment