Thursday, February 18, 2021

FIRST ITALIAN INDIPENDENCE WAR vs NAPOLEONIC WARS

I would like to share with you the way I am drawing my papersoldiers. Now I am falling in love with the uniforms and history of the First Italian Indipendence War. Hence I had the necessity to draw an Infantry Officer of the Piedmontese Army.

In order to do that, I did as always tons of researches on the uniforms of the Piedmontese Army in 1848 and from that research I did my draw of the Piedmontese officer of the Aosta Regiment. To draw him, I took as sample/draft a Russian Officer of the Malarossia Regiment in 1805, (Battle of Austerlitz) and I modified it.

Was it an easy task? Well it depends.The figure gives you an idea and a right sense of proportion. Than it's up to you to make the tunic, the shadows etc. 

This is the result:






Lieutenant of the Aosta Brigade's 5th Regiment
(Copyright Michele L. SAVASTA FIORE)




No comments:

Post a Comment