Friday, February 19, 2021

BATTLE OF SANTA LUCIA - 1848. The Austrian Troops

 I am going to present here the uniforms of the Regiments that partecipated to this Battle on 6th May 1848


Austria 1848.  Infantry of the Regiment Baron Prohaska Nr. 7 
(Copyright Michele L. SAVASTA FIORE)

Once I did this figure I had a look to a painting representing a  moment of the Battle, i.e. when the heir to the throne, the future Emeperor Franz Josepj went on a ladder to have a look over the Battle of Santa Lucia. 
The painting is this:




As you can see, the Infantry wears the blanket over the tunic as it possible to see in the particulars:











Hence I decided to reproduce my figures in the same way; this is the result:

Austria 1848.  Infantry of the Regiment Baron Prohaska Nr. 7 
(Copyright Michele L. SAVASTA FIORE)




No comments:

Post a Comment