Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Battle of Turin 1706 - Castle of Lucento - The big farm

 The Castle of Lucento was surrounded by 4 farms. 

I calculated that the entire surface of the Castle (buildings + yard) should be 110 cm X 46 cm.  HEnce I was able to calculate the length of the big farm (that in the blue circle) that has to be 57 cm long.





For this long farm I used a new system of bilding. Instead of paper building I used boxes of tea and then I covered them with paperwall. Much easier, much faster, much more precise.
Figure 1 - The first "stone"


Figure 2 - The box of tea covered with wallpaper. 
The Piedmontese farm was/are built usally in bricks ant hence I reproduced them 


Figure 3 - I glued the windows on the walls as well as the decorations on the edges.

Figure 4 - Adding one obx of tea to the others


Figure 5 - The barn


                                                                Figure 5 - Inside the barn


Figure 6 - The barn done; this type of structure of barns is still very common in Piedmont nowadays



Figure 7 - The big famr with the wall to the exterior



Figure 8 - The external walls of the farm, manned with Dragoons of the Caylus Regiment











No comments:

Post a Comment