Thursday, February 16, 2023

BAVARIAN ARMY 1704 BATTLE OF SCHELLENBERG: LEIBREGIMENT - GRENADIER

I am not the only one to be fascinated by the unique colour of the uniforms of the Bavarian Army. So I decided to prepare some templates for this army as well to be used in the defense of the hill of Schellenberg on 2nd July 1704. During this battle the Bavarians fought gallantry and suffered high rate of losses. The top units of the army partecipated to this battle and namely the Leibregiment with its Grenadier Battalion and its Mosquetiers Battalions. 

I prepared the template, but the problem that arose immediatly in the marching position is the inclination of the musket: totally vertical or somehow on the shoulder. I cannot decide which one to do.

Any suggestion is welcome


I have gotten some suggestions. By the way I like them both but I was not able to decide which one to go for. the left one is too vertical and the right one was good but not so vertical like in other figures. Solution? to make something in between. Her bottom the result:






I do think that the number 3 represents a good compromise betewwn them all and maybe even the historical more correct.

and even more straight (nr. 4)



No comments:

Post a Comment