Tuesday, December 13, 2022

MUSLIM ARAB CAVALRY VIII - XII CENTURY

 Since a lot of time - I was till a little boy with no pc - I was dreaming to make some Muslim troops, at the epoch, like now, to make some scenarios in Spain and eventually in the Holy Land, during the IX - XII Century.

It has alway been difficult to find sort of ispirational figures. Finally I found https://www.wargamevault.com/browse/pub/16210/Vyacheslav-Batalov?affiliate_id=333532

a fantastic series of papersoldiers drawn by Vyacheslav Balatov. 

By the way, here an example of his work (Arab Cavalryman - XI Century)



From this beautiful pose I did some changes: above all the colours of the figures, some details missing, increasing the length of the legs of the horse, correcting the sleeves (are not the same) and making some follow up:



From this template I was able to make some "variazioni sul tema"








With different posture of the front leg of the horse (below)



Here below a template where I used a much detailled horse from Piedmontese Nizza Cavalleria Regiment:




and (below) detail of the Arab horseman








Furthermore, I increased the standard bearer with some modifications:



and (below) a drummer, from a Turcoman/Mongol (right) to an Arab (left)



But then I found the legs of the horse too short; so a little increase upwards and it looks much better (below)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment