Monday, March 1, 2021

1848 BRIGATA AOSTA (5th and 6th Regiments) - Officers

 In order to proceed with my plan of reproducing the Battle of Santa Lucia (6th May 1848) I had to finish the uniforms of the Piedmontese Officers. This was a hard task, because my sources (and they are really very precise) do not specify which was the real differences between Captains and Leutenants. By the way, it was usual for officers on foot (and from the painting I would stay with Leutenants at least for the year 1848) to use the coat (grey) as baldric ("a tracolla" in Italian)

So I took my French officers for the Battle of Austerlitz and I transformed it.


1805 - France Infantry Captain
(Copyright Michele L. SAVASTA FIORE)

hence



1848 - Lieutenent ("Tenente") of the Brigade Aosta - Fucilieri
(Copyright Michele L. SAVASTA FIORE)



from the latter, I drew a Captain. This time without coat as baldric and with high boots and golden epaulettes. 

                                 1848 - Captain ("Tenente") of the Brigade Aosta - Fucilieri
                                                                     (Copyright Michele L. SAVASTA FIORE)






No comments:

Post a Comment