Monday, June 15, 2020

BATTLE OF TURIN 1706 - REGIMENT DRAGONI DI SUA ALTEZZA REALE

Maybe, some of you, always wondered how did a Cavalry or Dragoon Regiment appear at the epoch  of la Guerre en Dentelle, i.e. during the XVIII Century.

I was curious too; an entire regiment at 1:1 ratio, arrayed for battle. So my choice fell upon the famous Reggimento Dragoni di Sua Altezza Reale, that so fiercly fought at the Battle of Turin in 1706 and that is still existing nowadays.

This Regiment partecipated to the Battle of Turin on 7th September 1706 with a total force of 4 squadrons, each on 2 companies, with a total strengh of abvout 430 men.

To cut the papersoldiers and the horses for this task was quite a challenge, but at the very end I was able to array a complete cavalry regiment at 1to1 ratio. I think it is not possible to have this view when you look at some wargames where this regiment is formed of about 40 or 20 figures.

Picture above: the 1st squadron reviewed by the Commander in chief of the Regiment 


Picture above: details of the Commander and his general staff. 





Picture above: the whole Reggimento Dragoni di Sua Altezza Reale at 1:1 ratio, for the first time after 300 years again together! 













 Picture above: 1 squadron at 1to1

4 comments:

  1. Hi there, these are fantastic! Really impressive work, I would love to try and get them onto my table! Do you sell the files you use? And do you perhaps do any kind of custom work with these too? I think the units are of a superb quality and like them very much! Is there any good way to contact you about it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Clown, sorry for my late answer. Thanks for your kind compliments. I can send you the files; for me it's not a problem to do "custum work"; I already have tons of maquettes (see my site www.paperbattles.it). To contact me you can write to msf@savastafiorelex.it
    Ciao . Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot... what is the most difficult is to trim them .... then to glue on the basis.. I also use a system with magnet that allows you just to attach them on the basis and to remove them very easily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Michele
    Great Work. I don't want look that i'm abusing, but can you send me the files also.
    I'm a photographer ans a military history investigator (amateur). I wor this period with the portuguese army, and i'm also a fan of fortifications, so i was very impressed with the work you are doing.
    I am curious to see the files you use to print the soldiers. Perhaps in the future i can contribute to help you in any way.
    Continue the good job.
    Best Regards. Carlos Noronha (my mail: c3noronha@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete